Thursday 24 June 2010

Through Wit It

What Up Peeps!!!

POEM BACKGROUND: This poem was written by a friend of mine in the 8th grade. Actually, she was the one who inspired me to start writing poetry. This poem is about how she has tried soo hard to compromise with love, and it never has worked out in the past. So, she decides, in the end, to just give up on love. To read this poem in the 8th grade, I didn't fully grasp what everything had all meant....until now. This friend of mine had given me a copy of a few of her poems before she had moved to Texas. This is one of her stories.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Through Wit It"

You love him?
Hunny you don't know what
love is.
Yeah go on and laugh
I heard that too.
Until I discovered there is
more than one love.
There's more then just two.
But now Im lookin out
for me
Im like an angel set free
Cause Im through wit it
love
Im finnally giving it up.
I've givin' so much in the
past for a love I never had
Love...Im through wit it
Im finnally givin it up.

By: Young Breezy
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's a few grammar errors, I know. But, I want to keep this as original as possible. To think that an 8th grader had wrote this is quite impressive and yet, unbelievable. It's impressive because she was that young, thinking profoundly! But, it's unbelievable because you look at this kid and think, "What you know about love?! You're too young to even know what that is!" {chuckle} I hear this from my mom to this day. Well, if it's not love, I love the feeling of whatever it is. It stimulates emotions in me that changes the way I see things! If that's not love, then tell me what that is besides the obvious answer of hormones!! I need an answer better than that!

Peeps, if you have a poem that inspires you, and you want it posted here, contact me through my email, which is:

greenorangesinger7@gmail.com
or, you can just talk to me about it! Well, I got to go, Peeps!! I'll talk to you later!

*Remember*~Never quit!

Your "Growing Up" Friend,
Saidah Kamaria Wilson, A.K.A ~Mrs. Samberg~

2 comments:

Ze Team said...

Young Breezy, eh? Your friend sounds like the coolest girl ever! The poem could easily be a song.

P.S Would you consider changing the font color, perhaps? My eyes are killing me with this one.

SalaciousVersification said...

Yeah! Young Breezy was really cool! In fact, it shocked me that a girl like her writes poetry! That would b awsome if it was made into a song!

Sorry about the font color! I'm gunna change it once I post up some pictures!!....which is soon!